We are looking for a reliable MEP Estimator to assist us with some projects going forward. We would like you to have some experience in MEP work in residential/commercial/industrial buildings, particularly in Fire Protection Systems which include Fire Alarms, Hose Reels, Sprinklers, Standpipes, Hydrants and Clean Agent. Prefer someone to join us on a long-term basis and can constantly produce deliverables as and when required by our physical project team.
Knowledge and experience with MEP especially Fire Protection System material take-off is a must. Active Takeoff software will be provided for taking off tasks.
In this position, you will provide proactive estimating on single or multiple projects, which includes providing quantity takeoffs, pricing, bidding, and involvement with getting the project contracted and started. Strives for accuracy and correct cost estimates.
Due to the uniqueness of each project, the estimator uses creativity in the take-off and presentation to ensure a complete and accurate estimate. Makes certain that the company is being represented by our company's procedures and values.
1) Responsible for providing all of the estimating and pricing (price reference database will be provided) on the assigned project that is to be performed by us. This includes conceptual estimates, schematic estimates, design development estimates, and estimates for bidding.
2) Responsible for ensuring the estimating and pricing for the project is completed on time so that other members of the team can review it and make recommendations and/or adjustments.
3) Responsible for accurate estimates and pricing, which includes additional research and the correct use of additional resources.
4) Submits requests to architects, consultants, and/or owners to obtain clarifications and answers to questions, contradictions, conflicts, inadequacies, and other confusing issues represented by the plans, specifications and other documentation.
5) Presents estimates/bids/tender to the owner in a clean and clear format.
6) Provides all estimate breakouts required by the bid documents, the client and the team.
7) Includes the following estimates where applicable: taxes, insurance, bonds, project insurance, special wage rates, productivity, and fees & permits. (cost guidance will be provided)
8) Uses sound estimating judgment in making decisions by frequently referring to comparable historical data on related projects, with cost escalations added as required.
Please do not bid on this work if you've no experience or have never done takeoff for MEP. Please provide 3 previous work samples. Samples provided shall consist of takeoff reports, drawing markup (if any), and all other takeoff-related documentation.
Thank you and good luck!
About the recuiterMember since Mar 14, 2020 Hamstech India
from Zuid-Holland, Netherlands