We are building our MVP prototype, looking to have our deployment stored as code.
1. Working AWS CDK template written in Kotlin to deploy our backend to AWS ECS. Also sets up a few DynamoDB tables. Includes Code Pipelines.
2. The same code is deployed to AWS Beanstalk manually, it works. Uses two 'environments' prod and dev, with Code Pipelines. Both ECS and Beanstalk deploy Docker image from ECR, that is pushed as a Gradle task.
3. Front-end is manually deployed to AWS Amplify, with two environments and support for Code Pipelines, everything works.
Needs to be done:
1. Rewrite our CDK template from Kotlin to TypeScript following the same base logic
2. Replace AWS ECS with Beanstalk assuming everything by default to be the same as currently in ECS template or live in our Beanstalk deployment (few other things should be checked with us)
- Code Pipelines (already done in our Kotlin code, just move to TS & Beanstalk)
- Route53 automatic mappings to our sub-domains. (same, already done for ECS)
- Attach DynamoDB full access policy.
3. Write CDK template for our Amplify project (based on settings that I will provide from the UI where I deployed it manually).
- Continuous Integration using Amplify (different from Code Pipelines)
- Route53 automatic mappings to our sub-domains.
4. Update documentation how to deploy prod/dev environment (e.g. maybe we'll need to add GitHub webhooks manually)
Suggestions how to improve something if we are missing it out are welcome.
If you are not sure how much work needs to be done, I am OK to just cancel the contract with the refund if you think there is too much to do after you look at what we have. (You'll need to sign e-NDA first though).
I will be available to help you most of the time I am not sleeping with most questions, or will be able to provide you screenshots of the settings that we currently have from the GUI.
If this is needed, we may consider creating an AWS user for you with minimal policies. Or you could try to do deployments in a separate region from our main if you explain how we can limit permissions to that region).
About the recuiterMember since Mar 14, 2020 Chirag Chavda
from North Carolina, United States