247 Labs is looking for a Contract Data Scientist who will support us in developing and providing solutions for our clients. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to identify outliers and validate the accuracy of data sets and pools. The candidate must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. You must have a proven ability to drive business results with data-based insights. Our ideal candidate should be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
Responsibilities for Data Scientist
- Work with internal and external clients throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging data to ensure accuracy and drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from various databases to drive optimization and improvement of marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modelling to identify outliers and bad responses in order to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
Qualifications for Data Scientist:
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
We're looking for someone with 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SQL, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modelling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Experience working with development teams to create tools to clean, model and score data sets and pools.
This is a contract position paid hourly based on the needs of our company and our clients.
About the recuiterMember since Nov 11, 2022 Amit Kumar
from Bogota D.C., Colombia