We have one server (prod server) with important data in db, files and github that we want to backup externally on a new server. Current gz for each backup is about 5-6GB.
Important: I can't give you access to neither server, but need help to create scripts to take periodical backups from prod. server where I just enter the pw. I can enter the scripts myself in Bash if I get step-by-step instructions on how to do it.
The script(s) need to:
- Be fully automatic scripts using cron
- I can enter username/passwords by myself in the script(s) so that no one else can get access to new/prod server/GitHub
- Backup the most important server settings (Not sure if possible???)
- Save periodic backups for: a) Hourly for the last 24h + b) Daily last week + c) Weekly for last 12 weeks + d) Monthly last year + e) Yearly
- Automatically delete redundant backups
- Automatically delete backups if space on HD is lower than e.g. 10%
The new server will probably have Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.
About the recuiterMember since Mar 14, 2020 Rene- Frantz Du
from Karnataka, India