My client is using a Microsoft Outlook email client to check his emails using IMAP on a GMail server. This has been working fine for sending and receiving emails. However my client also uses outlook calendar extensively on his desktop computer and wants to be able to sync this calendar across his other devices such as phone, tablet and laptop. The calendar sync doesn't work currently because he is using gmail on the backend. So I suggested maybe moving from gmail to 365 so his calendar should sync across devices.
I don't know how 365 works but I would also like to know if in 365 you can set up your desktop (icons, shortcuts, etc on desktop) so that the setup follows a user across laptop/desktop?
Other than knowing if a desktop will follow you around with Microsoft 365 setup. I would like a bit of insight into how you would handle such a migration for mail, contacts, calendar from gmail to 365.
1. Respond to question, if 365 has follow desktop capability
2. Propose mid level migration steps, including a rollback option
3. Explain and review the plan to me
4. Schedule agreed day/time to commence
5. Testing and sign-off
6. Post-migration support (if required - quote hourly support cost)
About the recuiterMember since May 20, 2018 Johan Gunardi
from Maharashtra, India