As a member of our remote help desk support team, you will play a leading role in supporting the company with help desk administration, desktop support, hardware and software setup, and training. The ideal candidate for this position should have good interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. You will also need to manage multiple requests, and handle them in a timely manner. Candidates must have strong troubleshooting capabilities, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
The person in this position will work closely with 2 other Desktop Support Specialists; provide guidance and suggestions for improving our processes, automation, and better ways of being proactive. You must genuinely enjoy interacting with and helping people, as the role involves heavy interaction with fellow employees.
* Prior experience supporting Mac OSX and Windows 7/8/10 in a Windows
2008/2012/2016 AD corporate environment
* Strong knowledge of IT services and applications including, but not limited to Active Directory, network troubleshooting, VPN, anti-virus and anti-spam/spyware blocking technologies.
* Ability to utilize industry standard computer image deploy/redeploy systems
* Troubleshoot and resolve PC and Mac hardware, software, and printer issues.
* Smartphone setup and administration
* Requires the ability to prioritize, juggle multiple tasks, and be OK with occasional interruptions.
* Capable of meeting deadlines, and getting things done right the first time.
* 24x7 on-call rotation duty for internal system monitoring and issue resolution
* Ability to train clients on computer hardware, software, and phone system usage.
* Support for remote and traveling clients (laptops, wireless, cell phones, etc.)
* Communicate with vendors, as required, for troubleshooting and scheduling maintenance.
Education and Experience
* 5+ years of experience providing desktop support for Mac OSX and Windows 7/10 laptops and desktops
* Experience with Google Apps, Dropbox, Exchange, and various cloud services and platforms are a plus
* Experience with user account creation for Windows Active Directory
* Working knowledge of and the ability to support Office 365/2016 applications (especially Outlook)
* Must have experience supporting remote clients using email, chat, and phone support (ScreenConnect, Teamviewer, VPN, RDP)
* Experience with the following is a huge plus:
Connectwise (REQUIRED), Labtech/Automate, Screenconnect, Webroot, Datto, Cisco, Sonicwall, Ubiquiti, VMware, Fortinet, Intuit, Sage, and various back office line of business software.
1. The role is 25+ hours per week. Being available from 8am-3pm EDT Mon-Fri is a MUST, weekends are a plus!
2. Be willing to email and/or call clients/end-users directly for additional information as necessary.
3. Complete an in-depth phone/Skype interview
4. Must understand we are not a corporate company with a rigid structure. We are a small team with open communication. We go with the flow, put out fires, and adjust internal procedures as needed. You must have the ability to ask questions and navigate as needed.
About the recuiterMember since Nov 11, 2022 Alok Kumar
from Greater Poland, Poland