Who are we looking for?
- The Sr SRE Engineer is a part of an innovative team, who are on a continuous mission of building bulletproof, scalable, secure private and public cloud environments for our customers and users.
- If you think hard is fun, and get bored easily if you aren't challenged, this might be the place for you. We want someone who has an insatiable thirst for technology, desire to learn and grow - individually, with the team, and the business. Someone who has a passion to lead, architect, design, document and implement comprehensive platform solutions using security best practices.
- This is an extremely challenging position but would be the perfect fit for someone who wants to contribute and grow.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as an individual contributor in a systems administration/development or DevOps role working on highly scalable distributed systems.
- Experience supporting mission-critical platforms, both physical and virtualized environments, using CentOS, RedHat, Ubuntu.
- Strong experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible (preferred), Puppet or Chef.
- Solid understanding of end-to-end technology stacks which include but is not limited to OS, Network, Application, Relational & Nonrelation Databases, interacting with APIs and Security (network & application).
- Experience designing, building and managing large scale infrastructure in AWS and Rackspace, including experience leveraging one or more coding languages for automation.
- Proficiency in high level languages such as Python (preferred), Ruby or Java and working on software projects in a collaborative environment such as Bitbucket or Git.
- Strong knowledge and experience in automation.
- Proven experience leading positive change, cultivating product technology visions and innovative solutions, and fostering effective engineering practices and culture.
- Experience in driving process improvements, with a strong focus on leveraging technology for the establishment of fluid interactions and interfaces between teams.
- Ability to communicate and transfer knowledge clearly and effectively in both technical and non-technical manners.
- Strong ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
List of technologies (We tend to be technology agnostic - whatever is the best fit for the job):
- Automation: Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins, Bamboo, Rundeck
- Repositories: GIT
- Web Architectures: NodeJs, LAMP Stack, Java, JBoss, Tomcat, AEM, Django
- Scripting: Python, Bash, Ruby
- Cloud Providers: AWS (CF, AWS CLI, Botocore, Lambda, ECS, Beanstalk, etc.)
- CDN: Akamai, CloudFront
- Database: MySQL, Postgres, Mongo, Redshift, Dynamo
- Containerization/disposable environments: Docker, Vagrant
- Network Operation Tools: Icinga2, New Relic, Logstash, Elasticsearch, Nagios
- Operating Systems: CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu
- Network Security Tools: netcat, tcpdump, Wireshark, OSSEC
- Collaboration Tools: Jira, Confluence, Slack
Skills & Expertise Requiredsoftware development
Offer to work on this project closes in 128 days!Submit A Proposal
Share this project with your friends