We are national a chain of restaurants. We have a strong digital presence with apps and a responsive website to support ordering and our loyalty program with a development team has builds and maintains it.
We are also integrated into various delivery aggregators (e.g., UberEats).
We are in the process of integrating into another food aggregator and require some help to set up this integration.
Specifically what we need is for our menu (specified in JSON) to be converted into a new JSON format - one specified by schema.org
The task will consist of several steps:
1) Build out the 'framework' of the menu in the schema.org format - e.g., Create the categories & place a single example product into each category
2) Fill out each type of example with full modifications (e.g., a Burger could come with 'No onions' or 'Add bacon' - Each of our products is highly customisable)
3) Script the generation of the full menu into the new format from our existing menu format
4) Build out the various menu variations (we have several menu variations, e.g., restaurant 1 may offer breakfast & our 'main menu' and restaurant 2 may only offer the 'main menu')
5) Test & validate your work.
6) Push all of this data into our Mongo DB
7) Mapp and collate the menu data with the restaurant metadata (e.g., Restaurant name, location, opening hours, etc)
8) Test & validate your work.
I will provide a sample menu in schema.org format to those candidates that request it.
What we're looking for is someone with:
* Solid JSON skills
* Good scripting ability - the ability to parse, transform and write the data out in a new format
* Mongo DB experience - We need to push this data up into Mongo and have it all laid out logically so it can be manipulated easily
* Ability to work with us on Slack - We're all a remote team, so Slack is our primary form of communication
* Ability to spend 30+ hrs/week on this project until it's done
* Good communication skills - you will need to ask questions and will need to work collaboratively with us to get the right output
The initial project is as the brief above explains, however, I think that this contract will evolve as well - we will want to build some systems on top of this to help us
maintain and export this data in the future, and you will be the expert in this data at the end of the project, so ongoing work is a strong possibility.
Please let em know your specific and relevant experience in this regards, we are not looking for a junior developer, we're looking for someone with experience at this sort of work who can get straight into it and start producing results.
Please ask questions and pay attention to the questions I ask, thanks!
About the recuiterMember since May 20, 2018 Eee Sympo
from Krasnodar, Russia