We're a small Central European digital team in need of a developer familiar with creating email templates - for Mailchimp in the first instance, and probably other email marketing platforms thereafter.
From time to time we are asked by our clients to create email templates. We are not expert in this. It makes more sense for us to keep a freelancer on hand to deal with this while we focus on web development. This is particularly true since our clients tend to design templates that are not very email-friendly!
* We don't set the deadlines; you do; we don't decide how long things should take; you do; but once you've told us deadlines are sacred!
* We very much work as a team, with developers, designers, specialists and production guys (project managers, etc.) cooperating. So good communication skills are required.
* Most of us are either in the Balkans (Croatia, Serbia) or Romania, but we're spread from the Ukraine to Ireland. Working hours are informal, but it tends to be Central European day time.
* We like writing our own code - for web work we avoid bloatware, with minimal use of plugins - write it clean and clear based on our own framework. For any coding work we look for the same ethos of clean, hand-written code.
* Outstanding problem solving skills
* Enjoy a challenge
* Strong understanding of email template creation, specifically for Mailchimp
* Also fluent English - spoken and written - and you need to be comfortable speaking on Skype. Although the most common language in the team is Bosnian-Croatian-Serbian, everyone (be they British, German, Serbian, Romanian, etc.) speaks fluent English, and we use English as our common language for all team communications.
Definitely looking for an individual here - not a team or outsourcing company. So, individuals only, please. And if you try to contact us off UpWork we will block and ignore you.
When replying please say in the first sentences what the main problem(s) is (are) that you find when given you are handed a design by a designer. I.e. what challenge(s) do designs pose for email. After that by all means let us see examples of your work, tell us about yourself, etc. - but please do start off with that initial "problem".
Thanks for reading!
About the recuiterMember since Sep 8, 2017 Hollie
from England, United Kingdom