We are a virtual accounting firm providing tax, bookkeeping and other services to Real Estate, Construction and eCommerce clients in the United States. The position will start with 10 hours of work and increase as our business keeps growing and as chosen candidate shows ability to take on more responsibility.
The main tasks to be performed are:
- Communicate with our current and prospective clients, answering their questions on accounting and tax matters (via email). Answers to be researched online. We also have a Frequently Asked Questions file with the most frequent questions from our clients.
- Create letters for our real estate clients - templates already exist. Assistant will just have to fill in the required information.
- Participate in real estate accounting forums - answers can be researched and FAQ can be utilized as reference.
- Prepare tax returns and amendments for individuals and corporations, assisting our tax department when they are busy.
- In the near future, do tax planning work utilizing a software we provide.
- Doing a variety of other miscellaneous tasks (there is opportunity for growth as the company expands).
- Have basic US accounting knowledge (basic tax knowledge a plus).
- Speak and write English well - you will be communicating with our clients, mainly via email, but may need to make phone calls from time to time.
- Be detail oriented.
- Enjoy working with numbers/be a numbers person.
- Enjoy doing research.
- Be able to work during Eastern Standard Time.
- Be independent and organized.
If interested, please let us know:
1. Hourly rate.
2. Hours you are available (please convert to Eastern Standard Time - EST time zone).
3. What experience you have had in accounting and/or tax in the past.
Skills & Expertise RequiredAccounting
Offer to work on this project closes in 35 days!Submit A Proposal
Share this project with your friends