About This Serviceread
copy and transcripts and check to make sure there are no spelling, grammatical or typographical errors. work for publishers, newspapers and other places that rely on perfect grammar in printing
Proofreads reviews and edits documents for accurate use of grammar and content. Corrects any grammatical, spelling, typographical, or compositional errors in original copy. Typically reports. Has gained proficiency in multiple competencies relevant to the job. I Work independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function.
- I Read and evaluate written text for grammatical and typographical error
- I Liaise with writers and editors to determine the composition of specific texts in a document
- I Compare typeset proofs against original copy to identify errors or omission
- I Use word processors and other specialized software to make changes on typeset documents
- I Evaluate the dimensions of page elements such as images, text spacing and positioning to ensure they conform to set specifications
- I Ensure page numbers are in the right order and not repeated or omitted
- I Analyze documents to ensure chapter titles match list of contents
- Use symbols which are standard and recognized by printing and publishing companies
- Mark corrections highlighted by editors/authors and ensure they reflect on the master set proof
- Rephrase written text to ensure document structure and content are consistent
- Stay abreast with grammatical development as well as new terminologies in a language
- Ensure illustrations are suitably captioned and referenced
- Contact authors directly to clarify grammatical inconsistencies related to style and text choice
- Forward proofread materials for approval and publication
- Ensure project are completed within set time constraints.
- Spelling/Grammar: need to have a mastery of the written word. They need to understand how a sentence is read, and how a sentence is spoken. Being proficient in language and writing style is crucial.
- Attention to Detail: need to make sure every comma is in place and every word is spelled correctly.
- Teamwork: work with a team that includes editors, authors, typists and other proofreaders. Being a team player helps get the job done.