We have existing Java 8.x based web applications and services running on current Linux environment. We would like to move this existing app to AWS to reduce our operating cost.
Background (knowledge required)
- Must understand the process of Apache, Tomcat, SSL and configuration to get the apps working.
- Apache presents the http home page using wordpress.
- Need to configure Apache to use PHP.
- Apache transfers the SSL traffic to different post to TOMCAT.
- Tomcat expands the WAR file to use the local application using Java 8.
- Originally, our app used MYSQL on localhost. Would transfer the APP to AWS so that it can make connection to database on AWS.
- DB on AWS is not accepting triggers, so must understand how to build DB so that app can run as is.
- Need to build few similar environments so that we can support multiple clients (each with it's own DB and separate IP).
- Also need to build a similar Window based product so that development can be done on local AWS environment.
- Need to transfer the knowledge to CTO so that product can be managed.
1) Currently transfer the current app (as is).
2) If that works, then build the apache to render the wordpress site.
3) Start service based apps (emailer, etc) to run on local unix (connecting to DB)
4) Test the entire process.
5) Create AWS to take advantage of downtime (night time) to reduce cpu, storage and other to reduce cost.
About the recuiterMember since Mar 14, 2020 Nindiaey Jeans
from Kano, Nigeria