We are science communicators working in not-for-profit (academic) settings.
We're searching for a talented Illustrator to help us re-imagine invasive species as comic book or cartoon characters that will attract attention of families at public outreach activities (e.g. museums). This is a new campaign for a single invasive species (purple loosestrife -- Lythrum salicaria). However, additional 'characters' are planned for the future.
- Adobe Illustrator files containing:
- 1x full-colour, vector graphic of the character
- 1x greyscale, vector graphic of the character
- Details of the character are deliberately left open to artist's interpretation. However, the image should include details of the characteristic leaf shape and growth form of Alliaria petiolata (use Google Image search for examples). Villain should be imposing but not too scary for younger children. 'Super-power' should be implied based on chemicals released by leaves and roots (allelochemicals called sinigrin and flavonoids).
Special skills needed for this project:
- Preference for Illustrators familiar with style of DC/Marvel comics villains from the 1990s/2000s
In your proposal, please provide a one- or two-paragraph summary of your design experience and why you'd be a great fit for this work. Also include two relevant samples that show your best design work and creativity.
About the recuiterMember since Mar 14, 2020 Srinivasa Reddy
from Maule, Chile