I'm looking for an expert with Qt (C++) to help deliver some features and ship (codesign, notarize, deploy) product to work on OS X, Windows and Ubuntu(lowest priority).
You should have an experience deploying for these platforms and at least 3 years of commercial experience with Qt (C++).
If you read the whole job post attentively - please add .qtc++ in the beginning of your cover letter
The project is a time tracker which captures screenshots and sending it to the server.
We removed almost all UI so application have working login/signup and then works in background
The project and the tasks to estimate:
The application was developed as desktop utility for serving multiple purposes. Primary purpose is having native notifications (Windows, OS X) and extra purpose is to track time, calculate activity (by observing keystrokes and mouse clicks) and capturing screenshots for further upload to S3
It is a C++ application with QT framework
Currently the solution is working on OS X and main task for candidate is to prepare bundle for Windows and Linux.
1. Audit and confirm proper work with API through web sockets. Right now we have an issue where connection is lost sometimes
2. Sending screenshots and calculating activities. It worked for OS X but now we need to make sure it works for Windows, Linux
3. Receiving native notifications for Windows (Classic Application), registration in WNS and showing notifications
4. Synchronising and checking status of desktop and web tracker. Web tracker is the main application and it interacts with API as a client like desktop app. If user stopping a tracker on the web - it should be stopped on desktop too
5. For time tracker we need to solve a case for moving to the next day (resetting time)
6. For MacOS Catalina develop a check if permissions to desktop app are provided for capturing screens and calculating activity
About the recuiterMember since Mar 14, 2020 Digiway Emedia
from Khatlon, Tajikistan