Evo is a startup at the forefront of the global retail technology revolution.
We develop artificial intelligence with granular, accurate data-driven customer choice models that help our clients make better automated decisions.
Our use cases include product pricing, promotion, forecast and replenishment. We start with academic research, then build data science software, and finally dedicate human support to our clients; targeting a sustainable client value creation, with a ‘can-do' 'whatever it takes' mindset: a caring meritocracy.
We serve clients all over the world in multiple languages, for example in the retail and fashion sectors, from our London (UK) and Turin (ITA) offices with 30+ people.
Scrapy is a python framework used in Evo to 'scrape' (download) data (like products prices) from public websites (usually online shops).
Our ' Scrapy Developer', as part of the IT team, will write software for the extraction of web data, including code development, production and implementation, ensuring high quality idea generation, a rapid turnaround time on iterations and feedback, and awareness of best practices to deliver rapid results which can be sustained over time.
Excellent Scrapy knowledge
Availability of at least 10 hours/week
Working hours can be freely adjusted to developer time zone, but must be available during the whole working week (Mon.-Fri.), not only in the weekends
Good internet connection and initial availability (for tasks spin up) within CEST time zone (at least morning or afternoon), max 24hr response time
Work on Linux OS
Minor requirements are (not mandatory but useful):
Knowledge of Docker
Desired skill level is 3+ years of relevant scraping work - intermediate (no junior).
OUR OFFER TO YOU
- Prompt payments and transparent, positive feedback for your professional development
- Our young, dynamic and inclusive team: a professional but fun experience
- Flexible schedule working where/when you prefer
- Ability to grow your level of responsibility and potentially become part of our long-term team
- Growth opportunities within our merit-driven culture of investing in our staff.
We are an ambitious hard-working team, offering unparalleled opportunities: looking for a great fit with passionate people. Our remote contractors are vital to our team success and we expect that they align to our values, practices with all the benefits and responsibilities that this implies.
SELECTION PROCESS REQUIREMENTS (please address each point in your cover letter)
After answering our job post, and addressing the questions above, we will:
- Screen candidates within 2-3 day max, based on the answers alone
- Conduct at least 2 video interviews to 2-3 top shortlisted candidates
- Hire on an hourly rate, with screen-capture time tracking, no manually inputted time permitted
- Offer the optional potential for long-term work, based on mutual fit.
Please! Before we \u2018hire', DO NOT:
- reach out by email
- send private messages
- connect on Linkedin.
We take great pride in our hiring process treating it very seriously. We want to ensure a fair outcome for all candidates applying and as such, we only interview in person. Please save any effort from marketing outreach, which would be wasted and follow the instructions above instead!
About the recuiterMember since Mar 14, 2020 Punith Gs
from Florida, United States