WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking a multi-talented Instructor and Technology professional to deliver high-quality instruction to a diverse student population who are seeking to acquire skills and credentials that will prepare them for career opportunities in technology.
The Technical Instructor will deliver structured and approved curriculum in full- time technical training to prepare students for entry-level information technology jobs. Technical training competencies include but are not limited to: hardware, software, networking, security, server, mobility, virtualization, and project management.
This is a contract role with the potential to extend or become permanent based on performance and business need.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Deliver training preparing students for entry-level to mid-level careers in Information Technology, which includes daily instruction, assessment administration, attendance, one-on-one tutoring, evaluation and monitoring of individual student progress daily, addressing student violations with students in a consistent manner, and more
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Curriculum to identify and continually evaluate and evolve the training as demand new technologies become available.
- Provide students with access to relevant sources for outside learning on technologies and study aids relevant to the curriculum
- Work closely with the team to identify student needs, provide necessary support, establish individualized plans for student achievement, and participate in regular student status meetings.
- Maintain and update Salesforce with student grades, certification, scores, and progress notes.
- Create, submit and maintain training curricula for approval and files.
- Work closely with staff in other sites to ensure the integrity of implementing the model
- Maintain a minimum of an 80% class pass and graduation rate for every cohort
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO US:
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent practical experience) in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or related area plus at least 3 years of related work experience or an Associates Degree in a computer discipline plus at least 5 years IT work experience
- 1-2 years of relevant teaching or education experience including:
- Translating complex materials to adult learners
- Working with diverse individuals and groups with varying learning styles
- Curriculum design including ongoing evaluation for continuous improvement
- Syllabus development and lesson planning
- Student assessment and coaching
- Experience in workforce development a plus.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Learning Management Systems a plus.
- Current A+ certification (1001-1002 Series)
- Network+ Certification (N10-006 or N10-007) or be willing to obtain within 3 months of hire
- Experience implementing network technologies in business environments with a focus on deployment of TCP/IP suite protocols.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows, Apple, and Linux Operating Systems; this includes both end user and server versions.
- Thorough understanding of security concepts, models, and standards; experience with implementation in business environments.
- Linux production experience
- Knowledge of cloud services technologies i.e. AWS, Azure, OpenStack.
- Programming languages Python, Java, JS.
- Full Stack Web Development
- Additional Industry certifications are a plus
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You're excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You have the ability to teach in a highly interactive and hands-on style
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are an effective communicator with strong oral and written skills.
- You are detail oriented, with exceptional organizational and time management skills
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
About the recuiterMember since Mar 14, 2020 Rahul Gilbert
from Cordoba, Argentina