Select COTS parts for an inexpensive wireless camera. For this task proposal you would state the feasibility of finding components that can meet the requirements stated, provide recommended part numbers, and a rough plan for assembly. A follow-on task would go into more detailed design and layout of these components and prepare for PCB manufacture/integration.
- wifi (at least 802.11n, 802.11ac preferred)
- H264 (H265 a plus) / RTSP
- 5+ megapixel camera. >90degree FOV (ideally swappable with 90 degree or wide angle cameras), with good low-light performance (like the sony IMX323)
- ARM7+ (ideally one that can easily run a mainstream linux distro)
- >= 1GB RAM
- Disk: at least 16GB, possibly accept micro sd card
- size: ideally the whole assembly would fit in under 40mm cubed
- power efficient: less than 4 watts
-inexpensive: less than $25 per unit
- Multi-core arm
- Support for deep learning (ambarella CV22, for example) - some form of tensorflow support
- ARM board designed by United State companies
For reference the raspberry pi zero w + wideangle camera components are available for <$40 and meet almost all requirements, including price. Therefore the goal of this task is not to prove that this product can be made. The goal is to achieve a similar, if not better, performance at manufacturing scale, using domestic (United States) parts if possible.
About the recuiterMember since Mar 14, 2020 Sure Sridhar
from New Jersey, United States