We have a fantastic opportunity for a curious and energetic team member to be an important part of our core ICO evaluating team.
We are an Australian based cryptocurrency investment firm/startup, bringing trading and portfolio management to the booming digital asset class. Our focus is on using machine learning, artificial intelligence (AI) and business fundamentals to research and invest in cryptocurrencies.
About the subject
With cryptocurrencies on the rise, start-up companies increasingly pursue a novel path to raise capital: the Initial Coin Offering ('ICO'). ICOs are an increasingly popular method of start-up and other companies to raise capital. The frequent notion that ICOs are unregulated is misleading. Regulators have been making an effort to communicate regulatory guidance to issuers and investors.
The regulatory status of cryptocurrencies, including Tokens, largely depends on the jurisdiction of the issuance and the rights associated with the cryptocurrency. Many nations are pursuing changes to their regulatory policies to codify adherence to anti-money laundering/know your customer (AML/KYC) practices into law for ICOs and require additional oversight, such as registrations and disclosure statements.
Please see an example of ICO Regulations by Countryhttps://www.bitcoinmarketjournal.com/ico-regulations/
Your role is to apply your legal, international finance and research knowledge to discover information. We will provide you a list of ICOs (initial coin offering ) and you will need to check the legal and regulatory aspects. Once you have completed your research, you will then need to enter your findings, feedback into an excel sheet or generate a report (word document).
- 1 x evaluate ICO = $30 (you will have an average 10-25 ICOs per month)
Key tasks & responsibilities:
- Legal and regulatory aspects of the ICO (KYC, AML, and token sale agreements are - compliant with the country which ICO is conducted)
- Basic background check of the company and the core team (Finding what jurisdiction is the company incorporated and checking if the company or the core team members have any pending lawsuits)
- Do they have Proprietary technology? (basic check of patents, copyrights, trademarks)
- Producing a report on based on your findings.
- Deep understanding of international law and regulatory compliance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Education in International Financial Law
Please apply if you're interested. Look forward to talking with you.
About the recuiterMember since Jul 14, 2017 Alexm
from New Jersey, United States