We need a model built for predicting the temperature of outdoor objects such as water towers and above ground gas tanks.
This model should incorporate:
1. Historical weather (to the extent that it is significant) such temperature, wind, rain, sun, clouds
2. The size and shape of the objects and the material and insulating properties of the object
What you will be supplied with:
1. Hourly weather data in an excel sheet
2. Attributes of the objects such as size, shape, and material. We can also supply academic papers detailing heat transfer rates and other important properties including formula.
3. Starting temperature of the tank
So the job is to take the starting temperature and using the weather data and objects' attributes predict the objects' current temperature.
- We will need an Excel file that shows the predicted temperature hour by hour for 5-7 different objects.
- This model doesn't have to be extremely accurate. We'd like it to be within 2 degrees or so.
When bidding please say:
1. When you can start and finish
2. Your experience with predicting the temperatures of objects
3. If you need us to send you relevant academic papers detailing the technique
Keywords: physics, thermal, mathmatics
About the recuiterMember since Jun 15, 2017 Bill S.
from California, United States