We would like to come up with an end to end configuration process and smb4.conf to configure servers (FreeBSD with ZFS is the priority then later CentOS and Ubuntu with ZFS) to serve and share volumes to both Win and Mac clients, simultaneously.
The following features are required :
- seamless management of permissions for files created and edited from either win or mac workstations
- underlyling zfs file system on the server - freebsd 11.2, 12.0
- volumes can optionally be specified as time-machine targets
- disabling of 'signing' at the server level to avoid slowdowns (possible? or client-side only?
Optional features :
- zfs snapshots browsable as file-versions from windows?
- mac spotlight - shared volumes are searchable by spotlight from mac workstations?
We can provide test servers and workstations on a local network for setup/testing.
Are you a Samba expert ?
Have you done this before ?
About the recuiterMember since Aug 24, 2017 Dan G.
from California, United States