Sr. Network Architect
Posted by - John C. at Nov 21, 2020
New York, United States
|$15.78||HOURLY||Open||Dec 21, 2020|
Job DescriptionDuration: 12 months assignment with possible extension
Job Role Requirements:
- BS in Computer Science or related Engineering Discipline
- 10+ years experience of recent operational hands on experience in highly scalable and availability footprints across various network technologies
- Have experience in large Retail, ISP and/or Content Service Provider environments
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Creative problem solving abilities
- Able to handle multiple, complex, long term projects simultaneously
- Deep knowledge of the SDN space, specifically within WAN, Branch, Data Center and Orchestration. Proven experience in Wireless technologies and security practices
- Extensive design and operational experience with; Enterprise/carrier-class routers and switches (Cisco Viptela SD-WAN, Meraki highly preferred).
- Experience in Wireless technologies across multiple vendors included but not limited to Cisco Meraki, Mist.
- Experience in WAN technologies (optimization, virtualization)
- Must have excellent network WAN protocol experience: SONET, Broadband, T1, DWDM, Dark Fiber, WAVE
- Must have excellent knowledge of network switching protocols: STP, 802.1[q,s,w], 802.3ae
- Must have superior network routing protocol experience: BGP, OSPF, ISIS, MPLS, HSRP/VRRP
- Strong familiarity with Unix especially in respect to networking
- Familiarity with developing tools in scripting e.g perl, shell, python, expect, etc. and programming e.g. C/C++ languages
- Familiarity with industry standard monitoring, monitoring and documentation tools such as Nagios, Solarwinds, Confluence, ServiceNow, Jira etc.
- This candidate will also understand the rigors of operating a global, 24x7x365 large scale network, and will act as a last tier support for high-severity and business impacting issues.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- High degree of initiative, dependability and the ability to work with little supervision.
Preferred/Bonus Skills :
- Experience with SD-WAN Cisco Viptela Implementation and alternatives.
- Cisco Meraki, Mist Experience
- Industry standard certifications such Cisco CCIE or equivalent years of experience
- Automation/Scripting Skills
- Lead SME/Architect experience with 100% ownership skills.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $60.00 to $75.00 /hour
- Routing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Network: 4 years (Preferred)
- Network Architecture: 4 years (Preferred)
- 1 year
Full Time Opportunity:
Skills & Expertise Requiredsoftware development
Offer to work on this project closes in 19 days!
- FixedPremium Graphic Designer To Create Presentation PDF
- HourlyMapping unstructured data into CSV file
- HourlyI need a PPC expert to manage a PPC campaign in Russia on Google Ads and Yandex
- HourlyAWS Expert (Setting up new sites, security, WordPress Setup, maintenance)
- HourlySEO/SEM Professional
- HourlyGSA IT70 - Cybersecurity Engineer
- FixedSmall business IT consulting