We are looking for someone to review existing code and develop a solution to allow someone to authenticate against an Oracle database and through a WordPress site. The WordPress site is a multi-site. Users are granted access to a specific site based on the login information. They are then assigned moderator permission within the specific multi site based on permissions set in Oracle.
The right candidate for this job needs to:
1. Be very familiar with Oracle and writing their own API interface (this is a pretty old Oracle system)
2. Be capable of writing a WP plugin for this purpose
3. Have proven experience creating software diagrams outlining their solution approach and architecting solutions with multi-part authentication
4. Have experience in security and making sure their work follows best practices for code security
5. Be comfortable with GIT
6. Be an excellent communicator and very clear with their times estimates and how long things will take to research, code, write and develop
7. Stay within time estimates and track their time daily after getting approval for the times estimated
8. Able to use Slack and a custom ticket tracking system we use in-house to communicate with our team.
9. Able to write detailed logs for what you spent time on so we can justify all your hours and report them to the client for payment.
10. When done, you should deliver to us the WP plugin in GIT, have it working on the client Dev site, and we should have documentation explaining how the custom-authentication works (for example how we are authenticating against the WP and Oracle user table)
Other members of our team include our in-house WP developer, our Project Manager and two people on the client side. One of the client-contacts is the owner of the Oracle system who you may also need to communicate with.
Our estimate is this job will require between 20 to 50 hours, but you will need to review and provide us / our client with a detailed breakdown for how long it will take so we can get approvals (so could be under 20 or over 50?).
About the recuiterMember since Sep 19, 2017 Freya
from England, United Kingdom