If you’ve any idea or concept of application and you decide to build your application concept in best programming language, Python is on top of the table. But you may be asking yourself,
“What exactly can I use Python for?”
The app development market is greedy but flexible. Trends define the need, and needs define actual trends. Python is now a trend, no doubt about it. Python is also really friendly, thanks to its popularity and the helpful community.
Python is so good, rather than describing what it can do, it’s actually faster to say what Python can’t do. Python is a high-level general purpose programming language that gives multiple paradigms like object-orientation, and structural and functional programming for software development. It works on cross-platform operating systems and may be used across to develop a wide range of applications including those intended for image processing, text processing, web, and enterprise level using scientific, numeric and data from network. According to Stack Overflow, Python is the fastest-growing programming language in the world, and it will still grow even faster. It’s already well recognised as a really universal, versatile, stable, and easy to learn programming language.
The growth rate of python wasn't something easy to realise. There are various attributes of python programming tool which has provided it with a tremendous successful journey. Python features a major role in the latest technologies of current and future times like machine learning and artificial intelligence.
Who uses Python
Python is used almost everywhere. Just take a glance at the following list (which isn't exhaustive). the purpose is that Python will apply to whatever you’re interested in, no matter what it is.
- In internet search: Google used Python everywhere in its early development phase.
- In Space: The International Space Station’s Robonaut 2 robot uses Python for its central command system. Python is planned to be used during a European mission to Mars in 2020 to gather soil samples.
- Physics Laboratory: Python helps understand the data analysis from some atom smashing experiments at the CERN Large Hadron Collider.
- In astronomy: The MeerKat astronomical telescope array (the largest astronomical telescope within the Southern Hemisphere) uses Python for its control and monitoring systems.
- In movie studios: Industrial Light and Magic (Star Wars geniuses) uses Python to automate its movie production processes. Side Effects Software’s computer generated imagery program Houdini uses Python for its programming interface and to script the engine.
- In games: Activision uses Python for building games, testing, and analysing stuff. They even use Python to search out people cheating by boosting one another.
- In music/video industry: Spotify music streaming service uses Python to send you music. Netflix uses Python to make sure movies play (stream) no end. Python is used a lot for YouTube.
- In medicine: The Nodality company uses Python to handle information that they use to search for a cure to cancer.
What to do with Python
With Python, you'll learn to create such things as a math trainer for practicing your times tables or an easy encryption (a secret code) program. And when you’ve honed your skills over time, there are other things you’ll be able to do, such as:
- Using Tkinter (or other widget sets), you can write user applications that use graphics rather than just text to interact with the user.
- You can extend other programs like Blender (a 3D modeling program), GIMP (a 2D photo-retouching program), and LibreOffice (office programs), among many others by writing custom scripts.
- You can write games with graphics using Tkinter or the Pygame or Kivy libraries.
- You can use the matplotlib library to draw complex graphs for your math or science courses.
- You can design a website using web frameworks that are based on Python like Django and Flask have recently become very popular for web development.
- You can use python libraries for machine learning, data science and data visualization.
- Using Python scripting you can writing small programs for design automate simple tasks.
- Using the openCV library, you can experiment with computer vision. People who are into robotics use it to help their robots see and grab things and to avoid obstacles when moving.
Whatever you want it to do, there’s a good chance someone has already written code to do it or to help you to do it yourself.
Application of Python
- Web frameworks and web application: Python has been used to create a web frameworks including CherryPy, Django, TurboGears, Bottle, Flask etc. These frameworks provide standard libraries and modules which simplify tasks associated with content management, interaction with database and interfacing with different internet protocols like HTTP, SMTP, XML-RPC, FTP and POP. Plone, a content management system; ERP5, an open source ERP which is employed in aerospace, apparel and banking; Odoo- a consolidated suite of business applications; and Google App engine are some of the popular web applications based on Python.
- GUI based desktop application: Python has simple and the ability to work on multiple operating systems which make it a desirable choice for developing desktop-based applications. There are various GUI toolkits available which help developers to create highly functional Graphical User Interface (GUI). The various applications developed using Python includes image processing, graphics design, games, scientific and computational application.
- Enterprise and business application: With features that include special libraries, extensibility, scalability and simply readable syntax, Python may be a suitable coding language for customizing larger applications. Reddit, which was originally written in Common Lips, was rewritten in Python in 2005. Python also contributed in a very large part to functionality in YouTube.
- Language developement: Python’s design and module architecture has influenced development of various languages. Boo language uses an object model, syntax and indentation, almost like Python. Further, syntax of languages like Apple’s Swift, CoffeeScript, Cobra, and OCaml all share similarity with Python.
- Operating systems: Python is usually an integral part of Linux distributions. as an example, Ubuntu’s Ubiquity Installer, and Fedora’s and Red Hat Enterprise Linux’s Anaconda Installer are written in Python. Gentoo Linux makes use of Python for Portage, its package management system.
In every era, marketing has evolved based on what the customer is using. If you go back in history, you can see that at times when customers used Radio, it gave birth to radio advertising and marketing. Next, we got the boom of televisions, it is one of the widely used device globally, which allowed the companies to reach a mass audience with TV ads. Even today TV advertising is one of the most used advertising strategies for companies. Since the boom of the Internet, more customers started using the Internet, which gave birth to a new era of marketing originally called Internet marketing, which is now called Digital Marketing.
Now a days, we frequently hear the term Digital marketing we all think that we reasonably understand what actually it is. This thinking sometimes limits the scope and opportunity that the complete Digital marketing landscape will actually offer, which is why, when it involves nailing it down, we either turn dumbfounded or get stuck. To come out of such scenarios, it is important to know different types of Digital marketing opportunities that are available to your business. According to Salesforce, 75th of Total marketing Budget will head to Digital marketing.
Digital marketing depends upon the kinds of audience interactions. It revolves around managing and harnessing of various types of Digital marketing Channels and many varieties of Digital marketing services.
Digital marketing encompasses all marketing efforts that use an electronic device or the internet. Businesses leverage digital channels like search engines, social media, email, and their websites to connect with current and prospective customers.
Why companies use digital marketing?
- Internet Users: As per the internet usage stats, 40% of the world population is using the internet.
- Mobile Phones: Most of the users globally today use mobile phones for communication. As per a report 4.77 billion mobiles phone users globally, which will increase to 5.07 billion by 2019.
- Targeting the Audience: In traditional marketing strategies, it is very difficult to advertise to the target audience with specific demographics & details. Today with digital marketing we have so many customised & personalised methods to target the audience exclusively.
- Low Cost and High ROI: Most of the small and medium scale companies rely mostly on digital marketing strategies due to its low cost and high return on investment.
Digital Marketing Types
- Search Engine Optimisation: SEO is the process of optimising your website to "rank" higher in search engine results pages, thereby increasing the amount of organic (or free) traffic your website receives. The channels that benefit from SEO include Website, Blogs or Info-graphics.
- Content Marketing: CM denotes the creation and promotion of content assets for the purpose of generating brand awareness, traffic growth, lead generation, and customers. The channels that can play a part in your content marketing strategy include Blogs posts, Ebooks and whitepaper, info-graphics, online brochures and look-books.
- Social Media Marketing: SMM promotes your brand and your content on social media channels to increase brand awareness, drive traffic, and generate leads for your business. The channels you can use in social media marketing include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, linked In, Snap-chat, or google+.
- Pay-Per-Click: PPC is a method of driving traffic to your website by paying a publisher every time your ad is clicked. One of the most common types of PPC is Google AdWords, which allows you to pay for top slots on Google's search engine results pages at a price "per click" of the links you place. Other channels where you can use PPC include Paid ads on Facebook, Promoted Tweets on Twitter.
- Email Marketing: Companies use email marketing as a way of communicating with their audiences. Email is often used to promote content, discounts and events, as well as to direct people toward the business's website.
Digital Marketing Strategies
Here is a list of five simple digital marketing strategies that any business owner can implement to help their business grow:
- Setting a goal: Digital marketing is a great way for small businesses to prosper, but going into the method blindly can leave you with a jumbled mess. A lot of strategy and precision goes into digital marketing and having a goal helps you recognise what to focus on.
- Creating a Marketing Funnel: The most successful businesses have a good marketing funnel in place. A marketing funnel is when you map out a customer’s journey from when a customer is a complete stranger to once they become a lead, then put certain methods in place that may encourage them to move through this funnel. Things like lead magnets, calls to action, opt-ins and offers are all effective pieces of a funnel. You’ll consider a marketing funnel in four parts: Awareness, Interest, Desire, and Action.
- Developing a call-to-action: A call-to-action (CTA) is a picture or text that prompts visitors to take action, like subscribe to a newsletter, read a webinar or request a product demo. CTAs should direct people to landing pages, wherever you'll collect visitors’ contact info in exchange for a valuable marketing offer. In that sense, an effective CTA results in more leads and conversions for your web site. This path, from a click on a CTA to a landing page, illustrates a lot of desired process of lead generation.
- Creating an Effective Lead magnet: The idea behind a lead magnet is to trade information. You supply something like a free download of a white paper, but in order to complete the download the individual has to fill out a form that will provide you with more information about them. You’ll use the information you gather to interact with them more as they progress through your funnel.
- Driving Traffic: There a variety of ways you can drive traffic to your website.
- Quality Content: Use content like blog posts, press releases and articles on authority websites. Insert links to various places on your web site inside this content to create your brand name through exposure and drive traffic to your website.
- Keyword Strategy: Inserting related keywords into content will help your content and website show up in more search results, this leads to higher volumes of web traffic.
- Website Optimisation: Ensuring that your website is optimised and functioning at its best is essential. People don’t want to visit a website that doesn’t work properly.
- Social Media: Use engaging social media posts to attract more traffic to your site. Using pictures, video, and other relevant media will help your posts get more engagement.
We have many different specialisations so you will have different options to start your career.
- Digital marketing strategist
- Digital marketing executive
- SEO analyst
- Social media specialist
- Google AdWords specialist
- Email marketing specialist
- Web Analyst
- Online reputation manager
The global demand for data Science professionals is extremely high because of increasing relevance across various sectors. Data Science has become the most-sought skill because the data is piling along with a surge in different tech fields like Artificial Intelligence, machine learning and data Analytics. Hiring data scientist is being carried across numerous domains like e-commerce, education, retail, telecommunication and much more.
In the past years, analysts used excel tools to analyze data. Things are changing now! In this modern world, data-driven decision making is sparkling and technology is advanced in the data industry. The tools and technologies that modern Data Scientists employ are a combination of statistical and Machine Learning algorithms. They are used to discover patterns using predictive models. The future of Data Science is bright and the options for its implementation are extensive.
Data Scientists must consistently evolve at the edge of innovation and creativity. They must be aware of the types of models they create. These innovations will allow them to spend time discovering new things that may be of value. Subsequently, the advances in Data Science tools will help leverage existing Data Science talent to a greater extent.
So what does a Data Scientist do?
Data Scientists influence a pile of data in an innovative way to discover valuable trends and insights. This approach helps to identify opportunities by implementing research and management tools to optimize business processes by reducing the risks. Data Scientists are also responsible for designing and implementing processes for data mining, research and modeling purposes.
Data scientist performs research and analyses data and help companies flourish by predicting growth, trends and business insights based on a large amount of data. Basically, data scientists are massive data wranglers. They take a vast data and use their skills in mathematics, statistics and programming to scrub and organize the information. All their analysis combined with industrial knowledge helps to uncover hidden solutions to business challenges.
Generally, a data scientist needs to know what could be the output of the big data he/she is analyzing. He/she also needs to have a clearly defined plan on how the output can be achieved with the available resources and time. Most of all the data scientists must know the reason behind his attempt to analyze the big data.
To achieve all of the above, a data scientist may be required to:
Every organization has unique data problems with its own complexities. Solving different Data Science problems requires different skill sets. Data Science teams are groups of professionals with varied skill sets. They, as a team, solve some of the hardest data problems an organization might face. Each member contributes distinctive skill set required to complete a Data Science project from start to finish.
The Career Opportunities:
The careers associated with data science are generally categorized into five.
- Statisticians: Statisticians work usually for national governments, marketing research firms and research institutes. Extracting information from massive databases through numerous statistical procedures is what they do.
- Data Analyst: Telecommunication companies, manufacturing companies, financial companies etc. hire data scientists to analyze their data. A data analyst keeps track of various factors affecting company operation and make visual graphics.
- Big Data and Data Mining Engineer: Tech companies, retail companies and recreation companies use data scientists as data mining engineers. They have to gather and analyze huge amounts of data, typically from unstructured information.
- Business Intelligence Reporting Professional: They work for tech companies, financial companies, and consulting companies etc. Market research is the primary objective of this job. They also generate various reports from the structured data to improve the business.
- Project Manager: A project manager evaluates data and insights fetched from the operational departments and influences the business decisions. They have to plan the work and make sure everything goes in accordance with the plan.